Travel Diaries: West of Ireland

Here goes the very first travel diary on this blog! This is still kind of foreign to me, so please bear with me. :) Last weekend, me and ...


Here goes the very first travel diary on this blog! This is still kind of foreign to me, so please bear with me. :) Last weekend, me and my family spent the weekend taking in the gorgeous sites on the West of Ireland. I've lived in Ireland for almost 12 years and this is the first time that we've taken the time to really go around and visit the various tourist spots which the area offers. We started the day pretty early on a Saturday morning, seeing as we were driving there and wanted to make the most out of each day. After grabbing lunch at this cute little rest stop, we made our way west!




We stumbled upon this gorgeous ruins of a castle while we were on the way to see the Cliffs of Moher, so we had to stop and take a look. 



Mandatory jump shot with my siblings! :)



Next stop was the Cliffs of Moher! Pictures honestly can't do justice to how breathtaking the view of the cliffs really are. They are one of those sites where you have to see it personally to really appreciate its beauty. Standing at the edge of the cliff allowed me to see how amazing the cliff really was, although it was quite terrifying especially when a huge gust of wind decided to pass by while I was standing there. 



Catching up on all my social media stuff! :P


We started the next day bright and early, with our first stop being the Doolin Cave. 


There were goats on the roof of the visitor centre! How cute are they!




Inside biggest chamber of the cave, we got to see the 'Great Stalactite' which at 7.3 metres (23 feet) is the longest free-hanging stalactite in the Northern Hemisphere. It was absolutely breathtaking and mind boggling as to how it has managed to continue to hang after hundreds of thousands of years. 




At the Burren in County Claire. And here's a little outfit shot for you guys! [Top: Forever 21; Skirt: H&M; Boots: Forever 21; Sunglasses: Vans; Bag: Calvin Klein Jeans]




On the way home, we made an unplanned stop at Moneygall in Kildare, which is famous for being President Barrack Obama's ancestral area. I loved how the village fully embraced being associated with the famous president. They had the American and Irish flags lining the streets and they even have an 'Obama Cafe'! 






And the last stop was at Kildare Village for a quick snack and some window shopping! 

Until Whenever, 

Mariz xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments